Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2008, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 3 Mar 2008 07:58:58 -0600
From:         Larry Alofs <lalofs@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Calif 2008 emissions fuel tank pressure testing?
Comments: To: John Bange <jbange@gmail.com>

Maybe I'm operating under the wrong misconception, but I don't understand how a tank can be expected to hold pressure when it presumably vents thru the charcoal canister to let the air out while being filled. Can someone explain?

On a related note: I'm not surprised that they don't have adapters to fit the vanagon filler tube. Here in Chicago they used to try to test the gas cap on my '91 GL and never had the right adapter for my locking gas cap. Sometimes they would give me a pass based on a "visual inspection"; other years they would give me a lot of grief. I finally bought a non-locking cap to install just for inspection time. Now the point is moot since they have stopped testing anything older than OBDII. Inspection by computer only now.

Larry A.