Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2008, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 3 Mar 2008 12:04:24 -0800
From:         Donna Skarloken <dskarloken@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Calif 2008 emissions fuel tank pressure testing?
Comments: To: Jim Akiba <syncrolist@bostig.com>

I was just going to say that really what this is about is getting rid of older vehicles. And it's working - I have really thought about just giving up on my van since it is a hobby anyway. Smogging is a hassle and we're always stressed about it. My commute car is diesel so I'm not hassled with smog (yet) but frankly I get tired of the whole game. I feel like my entire life is regulated by what the government wants from me and my family, not what I want. My husband doesn't want to move, and I don't blame him, but at the same time if it were left up to me I think I would seriously consider leaving California. Of course, that doesn't get us away from the federal govt. unless we just leave the country. Frankly that option seems attractive too. I can tell you why my cars have such high mileage - I can't afford nor want to buy a new car. I have no interest in doing so. And there are whole lot of people who make much less money than I do that have to make do with their high mileage cars too, plus cars last longer anyway.

Donna