Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2008, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 11 Mar 2008 08:51:28 -0400
From:         Benny boy <huotb@VIDEOTRON.CA>
Subject:      Re: body work vs. mechanical work-Now Engine Conversion

-Subi (low millage) engine are not expensive on the east coast -Harness is not hard to do, you just need the right plan/sheet from Subaru -Anyone who is skilled with diagram can do it in a day or 2, the second day being the easiest one. Just wraping everything nicely (i'm doing one right now). http://www.benplace.com/subaru25/harness4.jpg

This may look scary: http://www.benplace.com/subaru25/harness2.jpg but with some patience, a pen and some masking tape (to write stuff on it) it's pretty easy.

Hans from Vanaru as a new kit out (on top of their cooling system kit), including the hard to do stuff and no, it's not the harness, he as a guy working for him now that can put nice kit together. Only Vanaru built the perfect reverse cooling manifold and the perfect shortnen oil pan and pickup.

The only problem is that he is booked solid. Me too. I'm doing 2 conversion at the same time, on top, on one van it's a full restoration work: http://www.benplace.com/fabian.htm

I will keep you up to date on all my next Subi conversion page, just for the curious one. But even if this page is in French (for now) the interested should bookmark it: http://www.benplace.com/vanaru.htm

Check in the center on the page, on the right you will see names, this is all the conversion comming up in the next few months. With time, every single one of them will have is own page. And the past one will have better pages.

A little hint for now: The 03-04 2.5L have are the easiest Harness to do. :-)

So the big news now is that me and Hans will work separately now, he as his new shop in PA and too many conversion to do in the US. I will do my own in Canada. We still work closely together.

So for those who have doubt about such an engine conversion... i hope our trip to Mexico convince more than one (8500 miles). http://www.benplace.com/mexico2007/zacatecas7.jpg http://www.benplace.com/mexico2007/zacatecas28.jpg http://www.benplace.com/mexico2007/zacatecas24.jpg

In all those upcoming conversion job... one will be very detailed. Enough pictures and text for the DIYS.

Cheers, Ben