Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2008, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 11 Mar 2008 18:06:26 -0400
From:         BJ Feddish <bfeddish@NETREACH.NET>
Subject:      Still Running like Crap: Episode IV - A New Hope

Here's the latest update on the crappy running 83.5 Westy. First I want to thank EVERYONE who's had the patience to take the time and send me your troubleshooting tips.

OK, here is the latest. I drove up to BD today to pick up the parts I ordered yesterday. They did not have the AFM in stock so I did not get that. Today, as suggested, I replaced the coolant sensor, coil, plastic vacuum line, distributor cap and rotor and new aircraft clip on that wire next to the coolant sensor. I replaced the first 3 at the same time. (I think you guys just wanted me to replace parts that where hidden by the A/C compressor. :-) ) Anyway I took it for a drive and it ran FANTASTIC. Real smooth power band and no hesitation. OK, usually I replace 1 part, drive it, then another but after the last 2 weeks of parts I was tired of it so we'll never know which one it was. ;) Hopefully I'm OK BUT I can't tighten the coolant sensor since I don't have a standard wrench that size. Is that 19mm? I'm leaking coolant there now so I need to pick up a wrench tomorrow and tighten that up. Since I have not driven the van while hot I can't say for sure everything is fine so after I fix that leak tomorrow I can take it for a longer drive. Well, I'm still scheduled to have that exhaust pipe put in on Friday. I kinda wish I hadn't messed with that but that's how it goes. Why am I having my mechanic put on the exhaust? Because the last time I put it on in '96 after doing the heads I stripped the heads where the bolt goes in.

Benny Boy! Merci tellement de votre aide. Vous devez vous déplacer ici en Pennsylvanie ainsi vous pouvez travailler à nos Vanagons ici !

Thanks, Bryan