Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2008, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 11 Mar 2008 16:49:57 -0700
From:         Trooz <trooz@ROADRUNNER.COM>
Subject:      Re: Was parting out vanagon 90 white San Jose, now rip-off

More on this. I thought I'd make one last try at calling Chris, even though the previous times I'd called I always got an intercept saying that his voice mailbox was full and wouldn't accept any more messages. To my surprise, he answered. He said that his van had been wrecked and was in the shop and so he hadn't been able to get my parts. Wasn't this a parts van to start with? I asked him to just send my money back. He said he would credit my PayPal account and he did. I didn't bother to ask why he had never replied to any of my--or PayPal's--inquiries.

The ringer is this: PayPal just emailed me, in part, "This refund will remain pending until the funds have cleared from the sender's account. You will receive an email notification once the funds have become available in your PayPal account."

It would have been nice if they had put a hold on the money when I originally paid him until he shipped the goods.

I've never had a problem with PayPal before, but this really ticks me off.

Bob Trousdale '90 Westy

No virus found in this outgoing message. Checked by AVG. Version: 7.5.518 / Virus Database: 269.21.7/1324 - Release Date: 3/10/2008 7:27 PM