Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2008, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 12 Mar 2008 16:04:39 -0400
From:         "Jack R." <jack007@COMCAST.NET>
Subject:      Re: Bad Fuel Pump?
Comments: To: Stuart Jeff <stuart@STUARTJEFF.COM>

Jeff,

Check your ground straps, make sure you good contact at ALL points. Where the battery ground connects in the battery compartment, the ground strap by the starter, the one on the tranny, etc. Anything that is bolted to the body, Un-bolt, wire brush, add di-electric grease and reconnect. Make sure your battery is fully charged, and then try to start it.

Are you in a "rust belt" area? These connections often go un-checked. My sister's 2003 Volvo wouldn't start yesterday, it was a corroded connection at the starter which caused her problem. Our van's are much older!

Do the same with the connections to your fuel pump, just for kicks!

Jack R. 84 Westy Wolfie N. of Detroit