Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2008, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 12 Mar 2008 12:08:26 -0800
From:         Gary Bawden <goldfieldgary@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Engine Removal
Comments: cc: phishman068@gmail.com

Hi Craig,

Sounds like a perfect Spring Break! About the fuel tank, don't know if you saw the write-up I did last year on my experiences, but I have one word for you: Rope Ratchet! (Well, OK, two words). In case you're not familiar with them, they're sold in most hardware and FLAPS as cargo tie-downs. What I used it for, was when replacing the tank, I hooked the Rope Ratchet to the forward cross-member, put the flange of the tank into place, lifted the tank level, then hooked the other end of the rope ratchet (can't remember exactly where, but it seemed obvious at the time), then pulled the rope tight, which results in keeping the tank in place without a helper so you can get the rest of the hardware started.

Anyhow, have fun!

Gary