Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2008, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 14 Mar 2008 09:05:45 -0400
From:         BJ Feddish <bfeddish@NETREACH.NET>
Subject:      Re: VW of America
Comments: To: Dennis Haynes <d23haynes57@HOTMAIL.COM>

I've owned both a German and a Mexican built Jetta (an '86 and a '92). They both had the usual VW problems but the Mexican one had the added feature of having all that "assembled in Mexico" interior and exterior plastic self destructing. The interior and the exterior trim on the Mexican model was way below the quality of the German one. Both leaked oil and blew through front end assemblies at an even rate though.

Bryan