Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2008, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 14 Mar 2008 18:29:44 -0400
From:         Jay Brown <badkarma@TTLC.NET>
Subject:      Re: MPG in the Bostig Conversion ?
Comments: To: Trvlr2001@COMCAST.NET

Hey John,

I have been seeing 19-21MPG with my normally aspirated '85 Zetec Westy. I could probably do a little better if I tried, but the new-found power has me putting my foot into it a bit more than I used to. Bad for mileage, but good for the happy factor. There is also an "economy" tune that you can use that will most likely yield a couple extra MPG. I would guess that "sensible" driving could easily yield 22-24MPG if you have that kins of self restraint.

The price for the DIY Bostig Turbo setup is actually more like $7,500.00. The DIY Core kit is currently priced at $4,200.00 and the Turbo Kit is $3,000.00. I have personally ridden in the Bostig Turbo Vanagon and can confirm that it is a life changing event. I am saving my pennies for the Turbo upgrade (don't tell my wife).

Jay Brown '85 Zetec Westy '72 Riviera http://www.geocities.com/vwcamper72