Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2008, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 14 Mar 2008 17:20:48 -0700
From:         Pensioner <al_knoll@PACBELL.NET>
Subject:      Turn signal voodoo and juju and thanks

If you have an x86 Windoze computer, you know the drill. Stop the car, everyone gets out and walks around the car and gets back in but in different seats, slams the doors, rolls the windows up then down. Now try the problem again. See, I told ya.

Thanks to virtually instant response from Mike, Mark, Joe, UncaJoel, and Jeff, the problem is no longer in evidence. NB this does not mean that we know what caused it or that the root cause is repaired, all we know is that the symptom is temporarily at bay.

Disconnected the T7a and T7b connectors, reconnected the right and left rear lighting pods, changed the backup light bulb, pulled all the relevant fuses, put all the relevant fuses back in , reconnected the EFS including the orphan wire connector, put the EMR (21) relay back in it's socket thrice to get a wiping action on the contacts. Left blinky yes, right blinky yes, but now NO backup lights. (not enough absinthe, I suspect)

Oh, yeah, forgot to mention the chants, facing NOLA, feathers, rattling bones and two shakes of the snattlerake hatband.

That should do it for the leftblinken-rightblinken problem and now on to the backemup light problem. This time easy to trace. Account to follow.

Thanks for all the help, y'all. May you have a happy St. Paddy's day, a glorious spring equinox, may the sun shine softly your shoulders and may there be flowers at every turn in the road. That's my plan if I can just get out of dodge.

Pensioner (older budweiser)