Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2008, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 8 Mar 2008 13:51:34 -0700
From:         Larry Chase <roadguy@ROADHAUS.COM>
Subject:      =?windows-1251?Q?60_Years_VW_Bulli_=96_The_Book_-_Conclusion_&_More?=

Volks,

You may remember that back on 1/20/08 I announced a Group Buy of “60 Years VW Bulli – The Book”.

http://www.roadhaus.com/bullibook.html

Between then and now ... books in groups of 12, have been ordered, shipped to our agent in Germany, repackaged, shipped to me in NM, repackaged and shipped to each group buy participant.

A total of 104 books were purchased.

This morning the last 12 books headed for their final destinations.

If you didn’t order one of these books, I encourage to you get friendly with someone who did and look over their shoulder as they page through this book.

I doubt they will actually part with it long enough to loan it to you.

It really is an incredible documentation of the 60 year history of our beloved vehicles.

For a $100 donation to the PiF Fund I will provide you with the home address of the nearest book group buy participant.

Just kidding .. maybe :)

Two important announcements:

1) Kyle Lapp ... the owner of Pop Top Heaven (poptopheaven.com) in Yucaipa CA has come forward with an incredibly generous amount of "Car-Ma".

Kyle has purchased 12 Bulli books thru our group buy and donated them to the Roadhaus PIF Fund activities.

We are mulling over the details of what we would like to do with these. But the intent is give a little something back to some of the extraordinary folks that help others within our community.

Details to follow shortly.

Special Note ... Kyle is currently setting up an awesome Syncro Westy and plans to soon depart on a amazing Central and South America road trip. I'm sure may of us will be interested in following along.

I'll post details to various VW lists soon.

2) Special Buy of "60 Bullis Poster" to celebrate the 2007 VW-Bus 60th Anniversary of the Event, Oct. 5-7 Hannover/Germany.

See poster here;

http://www.roadhaus.com/images/Bulli%20Book/bulli_poster1.jpg

I have been in contact with the Photographer of the Bulli Book - Cliff Serna.

We are working out the details that will enable Roadhaus.com to be distribute this poster in North America.

If you go to Cliffs web site (www.cliffserna.com) you will notice that one poster can be purchased and shipped to the USA for ˆ27 EUR or ~$41.46 USD.

This partnership between Cliff Serna and Roadhaus.com will make this poster available for considerably less.

Details to follow very, very soon.

good road, good adventure, good life, larry chase www.roadhaus.com www.roadhaus.com/recipes.html www.roadhaus.com/camp.php www.roadhaus.com/shops.php www.roadhaus.com/tires.html www.roadhaus.com/face_book.html