Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2008, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 17 Mar 2008 14:13:05 -0700
From:         Donna Skarloken <dskarloken@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Fuel Tank Weirdness
Comments: To: Keith Ovregaard <kovregaard@comcast.net>

Keith, I just now paid attention to your post. For whatever reason I thought slow filling/inability to fill up the syncro tank was normal (probably because I have a similar problem with my old 74 bus and just figured it was the weird angle and the new style pumps).

It sounds like I may have the same issue - I cannot fill the tank. Doesn't matter where I fill up, though it helps if the station does not have the bulky hose recovery vapor thingy on the end (occasionally I run across a station that does not have those). Usually I wind up putting in about 10 gallons and just letting it go at that.

I do not smell fumes in the inside of the bus or anywhere around the outside. I just seem to have the filling issue.

Donna, 1987 Syncro