Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2008, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 25 Mar 2008 11:12:09 -0700
From:         Scott Daniel - Shazam <scottdaniel@TURBOVANS.COM>
Subject:      Re: Should engine mount move... Now: Viewing Image of Fox mounts
              in ETKA
Comments: To: neil N <musomuso@GMAIL.COM>

That's a great point about fore-aft movement. If you see several applications where they have them arranged so the closed sides are fore-aft, then that sounds right. I can't recall how there were in a Quantum TD that I originally got those mounts from - I thought they had the closed sides the way I suggested.

Also...I'm thinking about the tilt of your engine mounts. Is the engine mounted currently at approximately the same degree of tilt as it originally was in a jetta ? would want to keep those angles and engine mount types about the some I'd think.

At this point I'm sure you are ready to just 'put it together' and move on to the next phase ! and what you have already will probably work OK. Scott

This is for a Jetta 2.0 engine with Fox mounts and brackets in my Vanagon.

So, ok.

In ETKA I'm viewing:

'89 Fox "MG": 1 "SG": 99 "Illustration Stock": 199-00. The Fox mounts look like they're mounted at 90 degree's to engine crank.

?

I'm looking at a small image of this.

IF I'm seeing it correctly, then the mount appears to be designed to handle fore/aft movement when power applied to wheels. Not side to side movement.

Not taking issue with anyones helpful opinions, just curious and want to set it up as close to "stock" as possible.

If this isn't too misguided on my part! --- :^)

Neil.

-- Neil Nicholson. 1981 Air Cooled Westfalia - "Jaco"

http://web.mac.com/tubaneil http://tubaneil.googlepages.com/

-- No virus found in this incoming message. Checked by AVG. Version: 7.5.519 / Virus Database: 269.22.0/1342 - Release Date: 3/25/2008 10:26 AM