Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2008, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 28 Mar 2008 09:21:40 -0400
From:         John Meeks <vanagon@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Snake Oil! Wurth it!
Comments: To: Don Hanson <dhanson@gorge.net>

Don, You are right about the worth of Wurth. My electric locking system got really slow in the cold weather. I was thinking "actuator rebuild time". But no... I hit all the door and hatch latches with the Wurth and now the locks all snap to even below zero F. Good stuff. -- John Meeks '91 Multivan, '85 GL bits Northern Michigan KC8ZFN Vanagon Rescue Squad http://www.vanagonauts.com/Vanagon_Rescue_Squad74.htm

On Thu, Mar 27, 2008 at 10:44 PM, Don Hanson <dhanson@gorge.net> wrote: > Yesterday I was under my 84, re-bleeding the clutch slave and the brakes > with my power bleeder. I'd replaced the clutch slave while traveling and > didn't get all the bubbles out using the "Down---Hold---Release. > Down---Hold---Release" method. > While I was under, I lubricated everything with this good spraycan of > Wurth saBesto HHS 2000. Someone on the list recommended it as good stuff > for fixing a noisy speedo. I used it on all my shift linkage and also the > moving parts and bushings of the suspension and steering...Wow! What an > improvement in how the van works now. www.wurthusa.com You could also > Google it. I forget where I got mine and it was way more $ than WD 40 but it > is a miracle! Best thing since sliced bread...Really though, it makes my > van shift like a well cared for Beetle and steer super smooth again.. > Not affiliated with them. > Last time I lubed up the shift linkage with the Wurth, it stayed good for > over a month in the Northwest climate in late fall. I will be putting that > on my "oil change" schedule...Change the oil and filter and squirt in the > Wurth stuff.. > Don Hanson >