Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2008, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 24 Mar 2008 06:20:33 -0700
From:         Ron Toby <ronkat81@YAHOO.COM>
Subject:      Re: Fuel Mileage and Upholstry

Thanks everyone. I appreciate all the help.

Yeah You're right the 71 is a Type 2, but is that also what during that era is referred to, if it has the camper package, as a campmobile? I have always wondered what the campmobile name was used for. Also during that time the van like mine has the ice box and the sink which I converted to a electric sink. Were there different styles like the weekender and the full camper in the vanagon? I know that there were different conversion companies but hadn't ever seen much but the regular bus and the camper like mine on a mass scale.

The pre-sensor, as I called it because I don't know the actual name, looks like a smaller version of the o2 and it is located up on the the intake. It is probably a airflow sensor as it is located in the air cleaner housing intake.

I saw that the mileage is 15 in the city and 21 on hwy. I also have put 205/75 tires on my vanagon to help increase the mileage Mike sent me to the page that had a survey of fuel economy (thanks)! Now I realize that I am getting a lower than usual. I thought that the van had to be malfunctioning in some way. My grandfather had three of them a 71, 78, 85. I was born in 81 so I remember the two later ones. Grandfather and I were talking the other day and he was telling me the same that he was getting around 21-23 on the hwy. With fuel at 3.25 here in Goldsboro NC I must do something.

Mike Elliott <camping.elliott@gmail.com> wrote: Howdy, Ron. For mileage, see http://vanagonwiki.net/index.php/Mileage -- Mike "Rocket J Squirrel" Elliott 71 Type 2: the Wonderbus 84 Westfalia: Mellow Yellow ("The Electrical Banana") 74 Utility Trailer. Ladybug Trailer, Inc., San Juan Capistrano KG6RCR

--------------------------------- Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your homepage.