Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2008, week 5)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 28 Mar 2008 21:30:18 -0800
From:         Kim Springer <kimspringer@RCN.COM>
Subject:      Re: 1985 Vanagon - unique head leak - not at gasket - 1 inch to
              the left at #2 top bolt?

I was the one that posted a few weeks back that had the same issue. Since then Ihave not been able to determine if that is where the leak is.

I saw coolant near the cap nut, but haven't seen it since. I do smell it, but I'm not losing much if any now.

Not sure what to make of it, but I am betting on a cracked head rather than a poor sealant job at the stud.

Benny said it might reseal itself becasue he has seen this before. Maybe that's what I am seeing.

Kim ----- Original Message ----- From: "Mike Collum" <collum@VERIZON.NET> To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Friday, March 28, 2008 7:34 PM Subject: Re: 1985 Vanagon - unique head leak - not at gasket - 1 inch to the left at #2 top bolt?