Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2008, week 5)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 29 Mar 2008 15:45:38 -0800
From:         neil N <musomuso@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Earth Hour- don't forget!
Comments: To: dkspence@telus.net

Thanks for the reminder!

Neil.

On 3/29/08, Don Spence <dkspence@telus.net> wrote: > At 8 p.m. on March 29, 2008 people around the world are turning off > the lights for one hour to show that it's possible to take action on > global warming. I invite you to join us. > Climate change is one of the most urgent environmental challenges of > our time and the number one environmental concern for Canadians. We > are already seeing its impact. Participating in Earth Hour is a > simple way to show that you want to be part of the solution and it > sends a powerful message to others that, together, we make a > difference. Earth Hour is not just about one hour; it's about making > long-term changes in our energy use. There are simple steps you can > take at work and at home to reduce greenhouse gas emissions and in > many cases these steps will also save you money. > Our objectives: Getting as many individuals, households and > businesses as possible to turn off their lights as a symbolic > statement that now is the time to take action on climate change. > Educating the community on the threat of climate change and what > each individual and business can do to make a difference everyday. > Getting corporations to commit to participating in Earth Hour and > help spread the word through their own internal and external > communication > channels. > What you can do: > 1. Sign up for Earth Hour 2008 at www.earthhour.org and commit to > turn off your lights for one hour on Saturday, March 29 at 8 p.m. > 2. Get involved by spreading the word to colleagues, friends and > neighbours and help create a bigger and better Earth Hour. > 3. Reduce your impact on climate change everyday. Visit the City's > community greenhouse gas reduction program website www.co2re.ca for > more ideas on how to reduce greenhouse gas emissions. > Turn your lights off for an hour and see the world in a whole new > light. > -- Neil Nicholson. 1981 Air Cooled Westfalia - "Jaco" http://web.mac.com/tubaneil http://tubaneil.googlepages.com/