Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 2008, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 2 Apr 2008 06:16:02 -0400
From:         Mike <mbucchino@CHARTER.NET>
Subject:      Re: Bearings for alternator
Comments: To: Ken Wilford <kenwilfy@COMCAST.NET>

Ron,

Just to let you know that many times these 'Y' vent fittings on each top side of the fuel tank may break when you try to 'pop' them out of thier grommets, so treat them as if you can't get any new ones; because you can't. I had them break on each of my 2 vans just due to age. This is where many vans start having problems. When you buy the gas tank reseal kit, it comes with line, all the grommets and the cross tube, but not these 'Y' fittings or the check valves that are on top of each wheelwell reservoir tank. There's a clip above the center of the gas tank that holds the cross tube up to the body. If you can wiggle the tube out from under this clip, you can lower the tank down a few more inches to be able to see and reach these fittings better. Maybe having a bit more space will help you prevent from breaking them. They do need to come out to lower the tank fully, as the shift linkage is trapped between the tank saddle and the vent crosstube.

HTH,

Mike B.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Ken Wilford" <kenwilfy@COMCAST.NET> To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Tuesday, April 01, 2008 9:53 PM Subject: Re: Bearings for alternator