Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 2008, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 1 Apr 2008 07:40:08 -0700
From:         Roger Whittaker <rogerwhitt1@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: This GoWesty is really starting to annoy me....
Comments: To: BJ Feddish <bfeddish@netreach.net>

dear all westie etc

i find it interesting when someone makes a great success of their enterprise the way taylor has done with go wetsty ... everyone starts to accuse of the principals of having no principles ... kicking the canes from old ladies to get their westy for the cheap ...

gowesty is an enterprise like any other properly managed it will be successful ...

indeed it is and has been ...

poorly managed and it will discover the road to ruin ... a well traveled byway ... that i am familiar with and have repeatedly coursed in my own short adventure of life todate

when i was there i was treated with dignity and respect ... the service writer (chris) did an excellent job of pocket mining and i received good value for my participation in gowesty as soon as i returned home ... another VW owner with an 89 bus asked me where i got my wheels ... indeed he came up tp my door knocked and drooled ... he now has a set ... we wave when we pass ... (he is a successful wood worker/cabinet maker) an enterprise i failed at .. twice ... ;op

now interestingly enough regarding price etc ... the other day a local hippie chick who i know stopped by ans asked if i would like to sell my van to her no i said ... but i know of several for sale on line if you want me to see if they are still available ... do you want to spend over ten thousand or over 5 thousand ...

thousand she said in genuine shock ... i was thinking of something along the lines of five to fifteen hundred ... i luaghed and said ... if i were to sell my van .. which i would not ... i would not entertain an offer of less than 40K she laughed and said ...but it is a volkswagen i said yes it is ... it is also an antique ... (almost) it is also a five speed diesel ... and maby one of only a few in canada ... if you want to spend only 1K i will sell you my wifes 86 chevy astro it is only 1 foot shorter over all and has less hieght in the cabin ... but is a great driver and it is a van

then we discussed the several vw vans around here ... that are for sale all clapped out and in need of large $$$$$ investments just to be safe let alone camper ready she thought a eurovan with all insides removed was a good deal ...

i told her she was getting someone elses head ache ... i also asked her if her and her man were god on tools as older vw ownership requires this ... indeed any old vehicle ownership requires either that you be rich enough to employ mechanic or be good at DIY she said they were learning ....

do i really need to go on with this story ... we own a unique vehicle that is becomeing rarer and rarer ...

always remember ... diamonds are only stones you find in the dirt but you have to find them ... and to do that you are required to know what they look like ...

gowesty is excellent at finding diamonds ... cutting them precisely and lighting them with care ... the rest is simply up to the customer ...

yours