Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 2008, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 2 Apr 2008 16:57:32 -0700
From:         Scott Daniel - Shazam <scottdaniel@TURBOVANS.COM>
Subject:      Re: Heads back on, runs OK and dies
Comments: To: Jim Felder <jim.felder@GMAIL.COM>

Lol, I liked the 'scroll down' thing - cute. ( could write 'you dumb-blank' ! too on the no gas thing )

but......see, as I always say, it was 'JUST A blockage or leakage of fluids or electrons." Only this time the main blockage was in the technician's brain.

I've had lifters take up 5 hours of operation to get fully quiet. I normally recheck all the lifter adjustments if any are noisy. If they're mushy when you do the adjustment, that's a noisy one, and turn until the clearance just goes away, and not further into the mushy feeling area. If you follow what I'm saying.

Remember - is the unit turned on ? it the unit plugged in ? Is there sufficient gas in the tank ? ( duh )

And the older the tank the more I have concern about it not being able to get all the fuel out of it when low. I've had a Syncro run out of gas at the top of the red on the fuel gauge, and I've also pumped 3 gallons out of a 2WD tank after it said 'Empty.' You shoulda made up some obscure thing that you over looked - now we know you didn't make sure there was enough go juice in it !! Scott