Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 2008, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 2 Apr 2008 17:19:35 -0700
From:         Bernie <berniej@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: This GoWesty is really starting to annoy me/Sportsmobile
Comments: To: Jeff Lincoln <magikvw@gmail.com>

There are some very nice vehicles out there but I know where I belong at it's behind the wheel of my Westie. I remember pulling into an out of the way coffee shop on the Baja with my bus and there are two old cronies sitting over a coffee, with a bus parked in front. "What year is that" one of them calls out before I get to the coffee shop. "Pull up a chair after you get your coffee"! Ninety minutes later I was on the road again. Or sitting around a campfire at Buses by the Bridge with someone hauling out the guitar and singing "I've Been Everywher Man". Or traveling along a deserted road in California at dusk and approaching a bus 20 years older than mine with a guy with hair to the the roof behind the wheel (I have a shaved head) and he gives me the big wave. We may be different generations, we may have different generation buses but we are VW bus people and that has to count for something. I won't mention the air cooled guy on the way to Buses by the Bridge that wouldn't acknowledge that we shared the same planet let alone VW's. I did not exist my bus did not exist and what is a water cooled engine anyway? I could swing buying something newer with more stuff but it wouldn't be me. The people that own these and the people that want to own these seem a bit different then your average bear. I like the difference! But if need to ask yourself why your still driving one maybe it's time to switch!

Bernie Vancouver, BC