Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 2008, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 2 Apr 2008 19:02:00 -0700
From:         Slloth <slloth@COMCAST.NET>
Subject:      Re: Hardwood (pergo)

I did it in a few steps and it took me about an hour and a half. I guess it depends on which direction you are going to run your boards to determine how much you will need and how much cutting you will do. I looked at several pictures of vans that had this done and I like the fron to back look the best. I felt it made the floor look bigger and it was less cutting. Now that I've done it I guess I could do it in less than an hour if I was in a real hurry. 1. Rip out old carpet (demolition is always fun I don't know why) 2. I left in the stock plywood/laminate ( at least I think it's stock) 3. I cut the boards to about 50" ('84 Westfalia) 4. Install the flooring. I had 1 1/2 pieces left over.

I bought this at costco with a $5 off coupon. Not sure if they still have the coupon or if it's expired. I used the flooring that already had the "underlayment" attached. I did not use glue. I plan on getting a Persian rug (or look a like) to lay over the floor. I used the small "cut off" ends to use as a block for tapping the boards in. BE CAREFUL NOT TO TAP TO HARD OR YOU MAY CHIP THE TOP LAYER! E-mail me for more info. > > Flooring question - - - > - and a p.s. for person who installed flooring from Costco - what kind of glue / mastic did you use to hold it down? and is there a lot of cutting to do? I ask because this is MY latest project on my rig. > I was given some vinyl but it's butt ugly! And my budget is $0 . . . anyone? anyone? > >