Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 2008, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 2 Apr 2008 22:43:53 -0700
From:         Trooz <trooz@ROADRUNNER.COM>
Subject:      =?windows-1250?Q?RE:_Selling_stuff_on_=ABthe_Samba._-_Best_way_to_ensure_?=
              =?windows-1250?Q?gettin_paid?=
Comments: To: JP <jpbeauch@GMAIL.COM>

> Volks, > > I'm planning to selling some stuff on The Samba and I wish to get your > input on how I should get paid for theses items. > > Any tips or advice are welcome.

I just got burned from this list using PayPal. I eventually got my money back, thankfully, but it took over a month. That will be the last purchase I make through PayPal without using a credit card, unless it's just for a few bucks. The PayPal process is ridiculous--and I'll never again put any stock in their "guarantee." First you have to file a complaint and attempt to contact the [seller, in this case]. When that doesn't work you have to escalate the complaint to a claim. Then two weeks later you have to follow up with PayPal via email and wait a few days for them to reply. Then they'll tell you that they're investigating it. Then they say they're going to credit your account but you have to wait for the funds to clear. Ten days or so after that you email them again and ask WTF is going on with my refund? A few days later they tell you they have to wait for the funds to clear. What?? Didn't we go through that already?

I've used PayPal a lot over the past few years but this experience really soured me on them. My credit card company would have been on it in an instant. If it's money you can't take a chance on losing, I'd opt for a money order or personal check, and let the buyer know you won't ship until the payment clears. Some folks won't like that, but at least you're not hanging yourself out there to get ripped off.

Bob Trousdale '90 Westy

No virus found in this outgoing message. Checked by AVG. Version: 7.5.519 / Virus Database: 269.22.4/1355 - Release Date: 4/1/2008 5:37 PM