Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 2008, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 3 Apr 2008 17:21:43 -0500
From:         Max Wellhouse <dimwittedmoose@CFU.NET>
Subject:      Re: Cardiac Event
Comments: To: Joy Hecht <hecht.joy@GMAIL.COM>

Joy: You don't remember my tale of having 16 kayaks on top of, and inside(ten on top and six inside if anyone's curious) my 90 GL? I believe it was at Jim Fritz' Bus get together in Decorah back in the fall of 2003. Jim drove my van upstream so I could get in a quick 5 or 6 miles on the upper Iowa River in my whitewater boat. It was fairly dark wen I got to the takeout and almost paddled past it, not knowing exactly where it was.

Yes, I paddle both the canoe and the kayak and enjoy both equally. Whitewater, moving water, flatwater, enjoy it all.

DM&FS

ACA certified canoe and kayak instructor, whitewater level, ICF Slalom and Wildwater Judge 1985-1998, Olympic Slalom coach, Atrlanta 1996(for Guatemala, not the US), Honorary lifetime member, Arkansas Canoe Club