Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 2008, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 4 Apr 2008 08:34:10 -0500
From:         Dennis Haynes <d23haynes57@HOTMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Newbie - Getting Ready for Cross Country Trip
Comments: To: twoodrum@MAC.COM

There is no reason that the A"rebuilt" enigne should reqiure a valve adjustment. That is what hydraulic lifters are all about. Frequnet oil changes are a good idea to get any rebuild dirt and debris out. Since you will be doing a lot of highway driving, high viscosity oil and proper oil level is critical. Proper oil level is not at the upper mark. Mid way is the goal.

Keep in mind that whatever cuased the last engine to fail may still be lurikng. Keep your eyes and ears open for anything unusual. Do not lug the engine and it will be happy.

Take your time and enjoy the trip. Try to hit as many National parks as possible. The journey can become addictive.

Dennis