Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 2008, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 4 Apr 2008 18:59:49 -0400
From:         JR Denton <jasondenton@COMCAST.NET>
Subject:      Oil Pressure Light on-need help!  (dealer cant fix it)

Here is my story- I am buying a 91 Westy. The current owner who is very conscientious and about a week ago after giving it a pre-sale test drive he noticed that the oil pressure light (and buzzer) came on. While it is running the oil psi light/buzzer are constantly on. Since he gets everything done at the dealer, he took it there to get them to fix it prior to our sale.

Here are the particulars on the van-

- 74K orig miles on engine- dealer check compression/head leaks/oil pressure- all check out perfect - The dealer has done the following: replaced oil pressure sending unit, pulled the dash off and checked the interface wire harness/all connections to the light/etc, checked the wiring harness

They told him that they think it might be the "Oil pressure dynamic relay" to be replaced (they think)? If this in the part- where do we get one?

Overall, I think they are at a dead end as far as trying to fix it- since they probably only see 1 vanagon a year for service. I am looking some ideas on what to tell the dealer to try. Any input from the experts on the list would be great!

Thanks very very much,

Jason