Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 2008, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 4 Apr 2008 20:48:46 -0400
From:         Ken Wilford <kenwilfy@COMCAST.NET>
Subject:      Why I sell the E-Code lights as a kit

I have been approached by folks many times when they find that I sell a headlight kit for the square e-code lights by folks wanting me to sell them just the lens housings only and not the rest of the kit. I guess they figure that they can save some money by not buying the whole kit. However the reason why I put the kit together is that when you go to install your lights you have everything you need and you can fully install the lights and start using and enjoying them right away. Also there are holes in the light housings that require the proper boots and sockets to be installed in them. Without these parts your expensive lenses become junk in just a few years since this would allow water to enter the housings every time it rains. I know the kit is not cheap but is it a good deal to buy just the housings and then have them become junk because water is getting inside? Is it a good deal to go to install them and all of your adjusters break and now you have no headlights while you wait for new adjusters to come from the dealer?

If this sounds like a good deal to you then go ahead, it is a free country. I will continue to provide a quality kit for those that want things to work properly the first time and don't have time/money to waste.

Just my opinion.

Ken Wilford John 3:16 www.vanagain.com