Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 2008, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 4 Apr 2008 22:27:37 -0400
From:         Allan Streib <streib@CS.INDIANA.EDU>
Subject:      Re: Oil Pressure Light on-need help!  (dealer cant fix it)
Comments: To: Scott Daniel - Shazam <scottdaniel@turbovans.com>

Oops replied from my other account -- that I don't use for the listserv. Guess that'll bounce back to me soon...

"Scott Daniel - Shazam " <scottdaniel@turbovans.com> writes:

> I gave up on Castrol GTX 20W50 about 15 years ago, and always only > use Chevron Delo 15W40......in most cases. I've even 'upgraded' an > engine from Delo 15W40 to Castrol gtx 20W50 and didn't think it was > as quite and smooth as with the Delo.

That Delo is really good oil I use it in my 300D when I can't get the Mobil-1 (the diesel-rated grades are not always in stock locally).

By the way I agree about the dealer sending out oil changes -- doesn't make sense, really -- unless maybe it's on warranty cars that have "free oil changes" as part of the sale. No point in finding work that they have to do under warranty, so ship it over to K-Mart, pay them $10 for the oil change, and the customer is never the wiser.

Otherwise I agree, I can't explain it. But I don't think that many Audi and Passat owners would take their expensive cars to K-Mart for service.

Allan