Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 2008, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 4 Apr 2008 21:32:52 -0700
From:         Scott Daniel - Shazam <scottdaniel@TURBOVANS.COM>
Subject:      Re: Oil Pressure Light on-need help! (dealer cant fix it)
Comments: To: Benny boy <huotb@VIDEOTRON.CA>

Unbelievable ! that a VW dealer would by buying used parts. And what's even more ironic is that my own US local dealer isn't all that swift, but I go down there to help them look up a part, or give them a part number to look up, and they refer people to me sometimes.........but what I'm really getting at is when they are lame or can't get a part.......I call a vw dealer I've been dealing with for near 20 years in western Canada .......and they are good - and when my local US VW dealer tells m a part isn't available, I go to my Canadian vw dealer source and they can get me the part sometimes !

Sho 'nuf........... steam go out here too when I read people who should know don't. They did check the OP , btw.

First to Scott, and many of you. Lately, a dealer from... let say far away In my province call Quebec.. called me whit problems, he was very nice and asking my help, i did so, we fix a few problems by phone... everything seem better but we still had a fuel pressure problem, anyway, we found that 2 injectors where bad. I told him to order some from VW.. nop, impossible! Shit! I told him to order from Rock auto.... back order. OK, i sold him for used good one (i have more than 30). Yea, can you imagine, i'm selling parts to a dealer in need????

Ok, to your problem... ASK SOMEONE TO TAKE A OIL PRESURE TEST, very simple! that is the basic stuff to do first, eliminate the worse case... maybe the oil pressure is low!

Second, tell someone to get the frigging Bentley out and check the electric system.

Last, get a real oil pressure gage. If the electric system is fuc$%/$&$" up, the real gage will tell you if the engine is in good shape.

Over the years, i never had any real problems with that dynamic relay stuff...

Sorry, steam need to go out when i read people who don't know their job! And sadly, it's the dealer... men ho men!

Ben http://www.benplace.com/

On Fri, 4 Apr 2008 18:59:49 -0400, JR Denton <jasondenton@COMCAST.NET> wrote:

>Here is my story- I am buying a 91 Westy. The current owner who is very conscientious and about a week ago after giving it a pre-sale test drive he noticed that the oil pressure light (and buzzer) came on. While it is running the oil psi light/buzzer are constantly on. Since he gets everything done at the dealer, he took it there to get them to fix it prior to our sale. > >Here are the particulars on the van- > >- 74K orig miles on engine- dealer check compression/head leaks/oil pressure- all check out perfect >- The dealer has done the following: replaced oil pressure sending unit, pulled the dash off and checked the interface wire harness/all connections to the light/etc, checked the wiring harness > >They told him that they think it might be the "Oil pressure dynamic relay" to be replaced (they think)? If this in the part- where do we get one? > >Overall, I think they are at a dead end as far as trying to fix it- since they probably only see 1 vanagon a year for service. I am looking some ideas on what to tell the dealer to try. Any input from the experts on the list would be great! > >Thanks very very much, > >Jason

-- No virus found in this incoming message. Checked by AVG. Version: 7.5.519 / Virus Database: 269.22.5/1359 - Release Date: 4/4/2008 8:23 AM