Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 2008, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 6 Apr 2008 00:38:35 -0700
From:         BenT Syncro <syncro@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: removing interior door panels
Comments: To: Woody Halsey <WHalsey@sya.org>

On 4/5/08, Woody Halsey <WHalsey@sya.org> wrote: > > Dear All, > > > > As I proceed with my sound insulation project, I realize that I have > forgotten (if I ever knew) how to remove the interior panels from the > front doors and the slider. Can someone give me a reminder (or point me > to a link) on how to get at the screws that hold the interior door > handles in place? I have easily removed all the grab bars, elbow rests > etc already. And popped off (and repaired) all the rear panels.

Woody,

You can pry the screw covers from the edge closest to the center of the grab handle. There are two Phillips head screws on each end. The door latch handle has a plastic finger guard which can be pried outward to reveal a single machine screw that holds the metal surround. Once that is out with the grab handles and window cranks, the door panels can be just popped off. There are plastic snaps all around the perimeter. I use a plastic spatula to get the first one out. The rest I pop out with a flat edge screw- driver or putty knife as close to the snap as possible. Don't forget to remove the vent on the rear edge of the door.

If you have power mirrors and windows, you do not need to remove the switches from the door panels. Same goes for the door speaker and map pocket. Just pull the harness off the switches. Map pocket just stays on on the panel just like the speakers.

BenT