Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 2008, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 6 Apr 2008 12:17:17 -0400
From:         Bob Donalds <donalds1@VERIZON.NET>
Subject:      updrading to Mobil 1

I use Mobil-1 in an one of my vans with high unknown mileage. I think that it is best to flush the engine with a couple of oil changes over 500 miles before swapping out to 15/50 Mobil 1. All multi grade oils have detergents and is far cheaper than flushing with the top of the line lube. I also add MM ( Marvel Mystery oil ) one or two heat cycles before the oil changes. This brakes down and suspends the crud just in time to drop the oil I like the minty fresh smell too As good as Mobil 1 is I still change it 3 times a years regardless of the mileage due to the byproducts of combustion that build up in the crankcase

Bob Donalds Boston Engine

----- Original Message ----- From: "Allan Streib" <streib@CS.INDIANA.EDU> To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Saturday, April 05, 2008 3:25 PM Subject: Re: Why are the lifters so hard?