Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 2008, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 7 Apr 2008 21:35:26 -0400
From:         BJ Feddish <bfeddish@NETREACH.NET>
Subject:      Re: Ladies and Vanagons
Comments: To: Michael Sullivan <sandwichhead@GMAIL.COM>

>> Would like to endear my wife to my Vanagon and she seems to think that it's prehistoric! ???? Any points of view that would coax her into more $$ and more trips for 'Gringo' would be appreciated. :-) I'm NOT whippped, Scott!! Hehehehehe <<

Your tag line says "91GL AT 'Gringo'". Hmmm is that just a regular GL non-camper? If it's just a GL then there is not much you can do. It will grow on her though when she see's how practical it is. Is it in nice shape? A 91 GL in nice shape is a pretty cozy vehicle. If it's camper than that's a different story. Take her camping somewhere really quiet and scenic for the weekend. Plan everything in advance including meals, etc. Let her just relax the whole time. Do all the cooking, cleaning, etc. Make sure the weather is perfect. Stay away from private campgrounds.

Actually, if it's not a camper then sell it and get a camper. ;)

My first camper was a '72. When I got it back from the mechanics from having the engine done (the engine was blown when I bought it from some stranded Californian) I took my wife for a ride. It was April and still cold. The first stop we came to all the moldy water that was accumulating in the broken sunroof came pouring down on my wife. Our first camping trip we stayed at a private campground in 100 degree heat next to the meeting house where it was "square-dance night". There we were in the back of the van trying sleep with the sweat, bug spray and the worlds loudest square dance music and my wife says "I don't think I can do this again" while keeping her teeth clenched together.

Somehow though she did most of the planning for out camping trips for the next 20 years.

Bryan