Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 2008, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 1 Apr 2008 21:35:43 -0700
From:         Old Volks Home <oldvolkshome@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Bearings for alternator
Comments: To: Ron Toby <ronkat81@yahoo.com>

Ron -

No, my Old Volks Home is perhaps the original (founded in North Hollywood, CA in 1976) before many other name imitators came along. The specialty of the time was mail-order reproduction EPDM Window Rubber for all the windows on Split Rear Window Beetles (45-10/53). It gradually moved into originating the "California Look" Window Rubber for Beetles, etc., again imitated by others. I purchased the company in 1984 from the founder (Bob Raucher, now happily retired in Northern Calif) and merged it with Sherwood Auto Parts (bought that in 1982 - founded in 1971) to offer a more complete line of parts, rubber and accessories for Beetles, Buses, Ghias, Type 3s and later on Vanagons and Westfalia models. Due to health (heart) reasons, I closed the full-time operation in 1999, but still buy and sell on-line stuff (mostly Bus, Vanagon, Westy and [OMG] 411/412) on a part-time basis while I have REAL job with health benefits, but a much meager paycheck these days. Oh well, the sacrifices one makes, eh? ;-)

I still have all of the molds and tooling to make all the various rubber pieces, but it's been inactive for around 8 years now. Don't have the finances to really ever get to the full-time operation in the forseeable future. It was a blast for almost two decades though ;-) -- Jim Thompson 84 GL 1.9 "Gloria" 84 Westfalia 2.1 "Ole Putt" 73 K Ghia Coupe "Denise" 72 411 Station Wagon "Pug" oldvolkshome@gmail.com http://www.oldvolkshome.com *********************************** On Tue, Apr 1, 2008 at 6:10 PM, Ron Toby <ronkat81@yahoo.com> wrote: