Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 2008, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 9 Apr 2008 11:44:00 -0500
From:         Aaron Pearson <aarondpearson@HOTMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: flow-through muffler -> cool cat -> failes emissions

thanks.

aircare colorado runs the tests on rollers, running vehicles through a series of speed changes. sometimes the tests are pretty quick, sometimes they are running it for several minutes. i don't know if they look at rpm, or if they just watch the speed and shift as appropriate. the test results are at home. all the other pollutants were low, but none of them anywhere near as low as my '03 2.0 golf.

aaron

---------------------------------------- > Date: Wed, 9 Apr 2008 08:36:12 -0700 > From: paullist08@GUZYK.COM > Subject: Re: flow-through muffler -> cool cat -> failes emissions > To: vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM > > Were tests done at idle and 2500 RPM or moving test on rollers? > > It would help if you could post your entire test results. > The NOX and HC values and speeds/RPM will help determine the best > course of action. > > Everyone; > If you have "smog test failed" questions; please post your entire > test results to get quality answers from the list... > > > > >my EJ22 van has failed emissions (CO too high) several times in a > >row. after confiming that the van is in tune and running right (new > >O2 sensor, valve position sensor, temp sensor and new plugs), and > >adding a test take-out before the cat, my mechanic believes that the > >problem might be that my fancy

_________________________________________________________________ Going green? See the top 12 foods to eat organic. http://green.msn.com/galleries/photos/photos.aspx?gid=164&ocid=T003MSN51N1653A