Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 2008, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 10 Apr 2008 11:09:48 -0400
From:         craig cowan <phishman068@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: What's a good radio/CD player for the vanagon.
Comments: To: Michael Sullivan <sandwichhead@gmail.com>

I purchased a no name one from Best Buy a while back that i'm really happy with. It has the regular input on the front, and about 3 spare inputs/outpurts in the form of RCA plugs on the back. These are accessible by popping out the ash tray, so if you want to hook up a TV or Playstation or something of that nature to the car's stereo.....it's very simple.

My biggest pet peve, is the fact that its so hard to find a stereo these days with a VOLUME KNOB. everyone has gone to buttons. This makes life really hard in my mind, its much more challenging to make a volume adjustment without spending half a minute looking at the stereo face (while driving). Of those available that i know of with a volume knob, i really like the Sony Xpod series. I got one for my brother's volvo and its simple to use, it was pretty affordable, and it can tell you the battery voltage, a feature i think to be really cool and practical.

I also really enjoy having a very long cable from the headphone jack of the ipod to the face of the stereo. This gives me free range of motion to hold it/control it while driving (though i usually just have a playlist going). I can then simply sit it down on the dash, or in the cupholder of my center console.

I REALLY hate volume "buttons".

-Craig '85GL