Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 2008, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 11 Apr 2008 09:24:32 -0700
From:         neil N <musomuso@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: A Friday Comment On Responses To Questions
Comments: To: Loren Busch <starwagen@gmail.com>

Good suggestions Loren.

I have been known to get close to OT or OT. I'm quelling that. Also I'm trying to trim quotes, think 2 or 3 times before posting a response or question, and be more succinct.

It's very easy to click on "reply to all" and not think.

I have a couple of suggestions.

Re: responses. If possible, reporting back if a solution given actually worked, would help. This is a very polite list, thus most or all listers say "please and thanks". But once in a while, a thread ends but there is no comment from original poster about which solution worked. Anyone searching archives finding the thread will be left w/o an actual answer. I'm sure I've been guilty of this.

Occasionally I see a topic with the word "report" in it. These are really useful. I'm all about sharing info, (as witnessed by my somewhat kludgy web sites). The reports are really useful IMHO, though I know they can be time consuming to write. (ask me how I know --- ;^)

Just my .02 --- :^)

Neil.

Neil Nicholson. 1981 Air Cooled Westfalia - "Jaco"

http://web.mac.com/tubaneil http://tubaneil.googlepages.com/

On Fri, Apr 11, 2008 at 8:50 AM, Loren Busch <starwagen@gmail.com> wrote:

snip

> Recently I seem to be > seeing many responses to serious questions that fall into that category, > responses that may be on topic but provide no usable information to the list > member needing help or information.

snip

> Second, and the reason I put on > my Nomex and posted this, if you don't have an answer to the question posed > don't clog the archives with you anecdotes about something that may be > related but doesn't help answer the original question.

snip