Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 2008, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 11 Apr 2008 11:51:26 -0700
From:         Scott Daniel - Shazam <scottdaniel@TURBOVANS.COM>
Subject:      Re: Diagnostic Skills Test
Comments: To: "Richards, Andrew" <Andrew.Richards@NIKE.COM>

Twp comments :

One, it's never smart to have work done, or do a bunch of work just before a trip. Working on something INCREASES , not reduces, the chances of something being 'off.'

Two, I see faulty work, even professional fautly work, easily half the time. And I'm counting all minor workmanship issues too, things not in place, wrong thing done, cheap parts, etc. Glad you found it.

The VERY FIRST step of All Diagnosis is 'Visual Inspection." And, people have been known to fret and call people and go online and ask questions on and on and on, without ever bothering to LOOK at the engine first.

It's just amazing what 'visual inspection' can reveal sometimes. If it was my shop, you'd gladly get a deluxe oil and filter change, with top grade stuff, and a sincere apology for the stress.

And they test drove it after the work ??? SURE . Perfect example of no matter how small a thing is done to a car, it pays to test drive it before touching anything ( so if after the work you know if it was like that in the fist place, or the work introduced the glitch ) AND after any kind of work. Scott