Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 2008, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 11 Apr 2008 16:13:48 -0400
From:         Mike <mbucchino@CHARTER.NET>
Subject:      Re: vw tools?
Comments: To: Zoltan Kuthy <zolo@FOXINTERNET.NET>

My best advice here, is to never use a lower engine stud, they break fairly easily under this stress. It's much better to get a longer piece of angle iron (or 2 X 4) and bear against the ground, rather than the stud. It's safer. Where are you gonna get a new stud when you break the one you have? IMHO, even using a nut and bolt through an upper mount hole is still better than using that lower stud.

Mike B.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Zoltan Kuthy" <zolo@FOXINTERNET.NET> To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Friday, April 11, 2008 11:55 AM Subject: Re: vw tools?