Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 2008, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 13 Apr 2008 08:54:19 -0400
Comments:     RFC822 error: <W> MESSAGE-ID field duplicated. Last occurrence
              was retained.
From:         Dennis Haynes <d23haynes57@HOTMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Distributor woes
Comments: To: tstone8359@AOL.COM

It is possible that the distributor drive pinion was not properly shimmed or the case wore out underneath it. There should actually be two shims under it so the shims can act as a bearing. It can be a bit tricky to remove the drive pinion. Reinstalling with shims is more fun. The shims have to dropped down first, aligned, and the pinion is installed. If you try to install the pinion with the washer on it then the brass gear on the crankshaft can be damaged and if that happens, complete engine tear down is in order. The part # for the shims is 111-105-235-A. You can use more than two to get the height needed.

Dennis