Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 2008, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 14 Apr 2008 21:28:11 -0400
From:         "Peter T. Owsianowski" <pnoceanwesty@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Replaced my totaled Vanagon! (Also Camper & Parts FS)
Comments: To: The Bus Depot <vanagon@busdepot.com>

Congrats, Ron!

Any pics of the new baby?

Got to get over looking at the smashed pics again!

Pete '79 Westy "Aardvark" '87 Westy "Joe's Van" WWW. Busesbythebeach.com

On 4/14/08, The Bus Depot <vanagon@busdepot.com> wrote: > > I'm happy to report that I am once again a happy Vanagon owner! > > As you may recall, back in December a falling tree split my '89 Westy in > two. (See <http://home.comcast.net/~type2/Vanagon.htm> for the ugly > pics.) > In January I bought a '95 Eurovan Winnebago Camper, as a fall-back just so > I > wouldn't be camperless in the spring. It was quite a find for what it is > - > a one-owner vehicle, owned by an 80 year old couple who had it exclusively > dealer serviced. (With the rare 5 speed trans and center bench seat, to > boot!) But my dream was to find that elusive "time machine" Vanagon Westy > to replace my old friend. You know, the mythical low mileage > mint-condition > Westy, owned by a little old Deadhead who only drove it to concerts on > Sundays. :-) Oh, and I didn't want to pay GoWesty prices for it. I > figured > it might be quite a while before something like that came around at a > reasonable price, especially here on the East Coast where they're more > rare. > > Well, today I found it! I bought an '87 Westy with 40k original miles. > It's > about as close to new as I could have expected to find; it's totally > original and looks like it's hardly been camped in. The one downside (to > me) > is that it's an automatic, which is a shame, but I'll live with that given > the low mileage and near-perfect condition. It's not like I was planning > to > hot rod in it anyway. I kept my last Westy for 12 years, and probably will > keep this one just about as long, so I'm thrilled to be starting off with > one that's so close to mint! > > On that note, if anyone is in the market for a really nice Eurovan Camper, > email me, as it looks like that will go up for sale after all. ($19,500 > firm, and worth every penny given its history/condition.) Also I am about > ready to start parting out my '89 now that the weather has turned. (Sorry, > camper cabinet doors, curtains, engine, trans, instrument cluster, > mattresses, tables, and a few other items are already spoken for.) > > - Ron Salmon > The Bus Depot, Inc. > www.busdepot.com > (215) 234-VWVW > > _____________________________________________ > Toll-Free for Orders by PART # : 1-866-BUS-DEPOT >