Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 2008, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 7 Apr 2008 23:13:01 -0700
From:         Roger Whittaker <rogerwhitt1@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Ladies and Vanagons
Comments: To: Michael Sullivan <sandwichhead@gmail.com>

like old drunks around the bar we tell and retell the same tales again and again... somehow the raconteurs reiteration of reliance on self medicated mechanical dilemma never grow old ... moreover the debate of how to draw ones spouse into the van trap never tires either

my wife who was once my girlfriend declared loudly at that time that there was no way she would live in anything that had wheels what about camping i said ... camping said she was for others ...

and i should also tell you we had not really met yet ... we were discussing these things simply as friends in email and chats having met in a virtual library online bookcrossing.com...

anyway ... after we met and decided that we would like to continue meeting we began to plan a future together i wanted a van ... i wanted a vw vanagon w/diesel and a 5 speed ... which i knew to be impossible ...

my wife who was then my girlfriend did almost everything online so she registered my wish in ebay and craigs list and samba ... and a few places i had no idea about until she showed me all the pages of vans

twice we both got really excited about some very class vans that ran around 10K some had never seen winter ... and at one point we even made preliminary reservations to take the train from vancouver bc canada to some place in oregon or california to buy a van and drive it back home ....

then it happened a 5 speed diesel came for sale in victoria and we jumped on it ... drove it home and began to plan the christmas trip to her home land in california

we were too busy planing the trip and doing other stuff to actually go camping prior to the date we set out that night there was a freak snow storm ... and sure enough we got stuck in a gas station parking lot ... the power was out in the whole region due to downed power lines falling from weight of snow

i turned on the onboard espar desiel fired heater soon our van was toasty warm as the storm raged outside we spent our first night in the van her first night sleeping anywhere that was not either a hotel room or her own bed...

just try and trash talk our westy ... you will have to deal with her ... she who must not be named and i love her yours

-- roger w There are two kinds of jobs in the world: Picking up garbage and telling people things. Successful people do both, with the same good attitude. (riw) ----------------------------------------------------------- View the growing list of video work at: http://revver.com/find/video/?query=LastonLastof&search_on=owners and ... older work at http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-7135104650374818257 http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=3259745150182742364