Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 2008, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 17 Apr 2008 12:11:58 -0700
From:         Neil2 <vidublu@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: GPS Can Be Hazardous To Your Vehicle
Comments: To: miguel pacheco <mundopacheco@gmail.com>

No problem. I was too brief in my first.

To put is simply, IMO, there are several aspects involved. One is legality. Another is safety. Practicality is a third. Perhaps more. Bottom line: After reading Deep Survival, my natural bent (a mix of the three) is still the one I prefer and the one the book supports. The conservative would promptly remove the OEM tank. The opposite would not consider what s/he's doing and continue (possibly) to endanger other's lives. Hopefully I'm in neither ditch and reevaluate how I act and based on continuously changing circmustances, knowledge and experience gained and technological advances. THe beauty of this list is that it triggers considerations from all over the u.S. as well as overseas to help in this aspect.

IMHO, if one is concerned about safety to the extent they'd remove the OEM tank they should consider taking the entire van to the crusher.

If I'm killed by a propane explosion you can reevaluate everything I've said. :-)

Neil2

On 4/17/08, miguel pacheco <mundopacheco@gmail.com> wrote: > > What do you mean Neil? > > On Thu, Apr 17, 2008 at 11:05 AM, Neil2 <vidublu@gmail.com> wrote: > > This is a perfect example of the disconnect discussed in Deep Survival > > (text). While I was reading it we here had the thread on > transportation of > > propane via vanagons (which also was a 'disconnect') in some of our > minds. > > > > > > > > On 4/17/08, Loren Busch <starwagen@gmail.com> wrote: > > > > > > Only skightly off topic considering the number of us that use GPS > based > > > navigation systems in our Vanagons: > > > > > > > http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/localnews/2004354292_webbuscrash17.html > > > Tab through the pictures!! > > > When the driver was asked "What happened?" he responded "I was just > > > following the onboard GPS system". I guess that was after > disconnecting > > > brain. Maybe I'd better shut up now that I think of the time I > almost > > > drove > > > into a low garage with the Bagawest carrier up top..... > > > > > > > > > > > -- > > Neil > > '82 Diesel Westy > > Me other car is Swedish > > > > > > -- > Gracias, > Miguel >

-- Neil '82 Diesel Westy Me other car is Swedish