Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 2008, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 19 Apr 2008 17:08:58 -0700
From:         Steven P Smith <kewsps@HOTMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Valve Lifter Removal tool?
Comments: To: Mike Collum <collum@verizon.net>

Thanks Mike, Do you have an opinion about this lifter being bad? I noticed that when I took up the slack, to start the 2 turn pre-tensioning, that this one valve didn't stop solidly when the play was taken up. So, I pushed on the rocker and it was very spongy. It would explain a few things in the way the engine is running, which is close to great but still not perfect. It's an intake valve, and the compression on this cylinder is 20 lbs lower than the others. Makes since to me that this lifter needs to be retired. Oh yes, and I do adjust the idle with the idle stabilize disconnected. Slowly but surely I'm getting all the pieces of the puzzle put together. Steven