Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 2008, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 21 Apr 2008 00:25:55 -0400
From:         craig cowan <phishman068@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Fuel lines (injector hoses)
Comments: To: Dan Hall <elektro@westal.net>

I've been putting alot of hoses on quite a few injectors recently, and removing quite a few as well. I present you with my method: Take a pair of flush cutters, and cut the crimp, just a bit. Then, grab it with the flush cutters, and twist away rolling back the metal like a sardine can. Then, you take your cutters and make another little cut, roll it away, etc etc. Untill you get to the bottom of the crimp....This part i just give up on. The last little bit can stay untill the hoses are off. Then, i cut the hose off right at the end of the fuel injector. Now you take a blade, I like to use my awesome Craftsman Cutters, and slice down one side of it, all the way from the base of the hose to the tip of the fuel injector. Crumble the hose off, and attack the last bit of crimped on steel with your flush cutters, and all is well. This may be frowned upon, but i have not yet scored the barbed section of a single injector. I'm getting good at it..... To insert your new hose, it will be REALLY hard. It simply does not go on easily, which is part of the design. Lubrication is necessary. I won't be the one to state what the best lubrication is (WD40? Vaseoline? Silicon?), but you push the hose on, secure your FUEL INJECTION CLAMP around the barbed section, install back into the cigar tube (lubrication), install your FUEL INJECTION CLAMP, and your back in business.

-Craig '85GL (runs. Needs brakes)