Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 2008, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 21 Apr 2008 14:37:58 -0700
From:         Donna Skarloken <dskarloken@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: gas prices? change quickly? vanagon content. :)
Comments: To: jwalker@bama.ua.edu

Unca Joel is right about the fuel; my husband is an owner/operator and his fuel bill went up $1,000 in one month. This my first month back driving a TDI so I have yet to figure my monthly cost now that diesel is over $4.00/gallon. I had the unfortunate $831 bill for almost, not quite, one month of commuting with a Syncro. (I sold one TDI and kept the one that belonged to my parents, which is unfortunate too since it still has problems I've yet to sort out. I'm beginning to hate the poor, unfortunate, unwanted TDI Bug. I can see why VW lost customers during that period; maybe they still do.) The actual point I started out to make is that, as Unca Joel noted, everything you deal with in daily life is touched by fuel costs in some way, so expect everything to continue to go up.

Donna, 87 syncro (sorry for the TDI Bug whining - I really am beginning to detest the thing but unless I find employment closer to home, I am stuck with it, and I still have to commute to school at night.) On Sat, Apr 19, 2008 at 6:56 PM, Joel Walker <jwalker@bama.ua.edu> wrote: