Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 2008, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 24 Apr 2008 10:22:47 -0700
From:         neil N <musomuso@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Gas, milage, etc (was Air Engine)
Comments: To: Jim Felder <jim.felder@gmail.com>

"nice" quote

Scary stuff.

I always recall looking at, or rather staring at (to learn how to read them) my parents investment statements while settling their estates. Energy stocks were a part of that portfolio. That portion of the investment always seemed to do well. That always stuck in my mind.

The human condition eh? People just can't help themselves. It's a really tempting thing to invest in oil, natural gas etc. I'm not saying it's outright wrong to invest in oil, but I have to wonder how ethical that will be in the coming years. MANY who have no idea what their investment dollars are funding. Out of sight out of mind = a clear conscience.

Crazy thought, but can you imagine if energy stocks were considered unethical investments? Maybe some firms already on that page. Ha! Pretty harsh thinking on my part, but given the green movement, I'm certain there are investors making money, or positioned to make money from investment vehicles directly tied to green. When I saw hybrids showing up locally, I knew the green movement would take off and make someone some money.

Sounds like a win win to me. Invest in (hopefully ethical) green technologies.

But then I'm fond of saying "I know enough to get in trouble"

--- ;^)

Neil.

On Thu, Apr 24, 2008 at 9:50 AM, Jim Felder <jim.felder@gmail.com> wrote: > The way the movers and shakers, literally the 200 mavens of wall > street, have had to look for somewhere to put their money to hedge > against the exploded housing market they previously created and raped, > and they put it in oil. > > These guys and the financial houses they work for make money off > speculating on anything, and when they do, they drive the price of it > up. > > Oil is getting riskier by the day, so they are taking huge > positions--billions and billions of dollars they can transfer in > seconds--in food, and you are seeing the results. > > They will not relent, and John Rogers is exactly, precisely, right--we > will pay the bills because they control the government. > > To quote former financier Baron Rothschilde, who said back in the > 1940s, "give me control of a nation's banks and I care not who writes > its laws." > > Jim > > > > On 4/23/08, neil N <musomuso@gmail.com> wrote: