Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 2008, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 23 Apr 2008 16:19:04 -0400
From:         Daniel O Stevens <dosteven@SYR.EDU>
Subject:      NY VW camping 2008 season locations

Hi all, I have meant to send out this basic FYI that those in the Upstate NY Empire VW camping club will be traveling the state each month in search of great Vw campouts and fire side commeraderie here is our 2008 season's location schedule.

These are open to ANY & ALL VW minded people, no need for a westfalia, bring yoru subaru & a tent if you are curious to the VW camping scene in beautiful Upstate NY. Dogs, kids, hikers, bikers (well cyclers anyways) all have a great time.

Easy weblinks and additional information is kept in this thread on the samba. http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=270214

As an FYI I've listed the sites I've booked so far..

May 16th & 17th Glimmerglass state park near COOPERSTOWN. (I'm booked in site #020)

June 6th Empire VW camping & VWCCNY participates in Relay for Life overnight cancer research fundraiser Team Theme (VW CAMPING) Sign up deadline is MAY 2nd.

June 13~14th Robert Treman SP (near Ithaca) Loop 4 (I'm booked in site #045)

July 25~26th Long point (north) SP (West of watertown) (I'm booked in site #042) (this is INSEASON so lets get these booked asap) just to give a hint. .ALL other waterfront campgrounds ARE BOOKED already for this weekend in July.

Aug 22nd~23rd Little Sand Point SP (on lake Piseco southern ADKs) Don't miss out on this Popular INSEASON location Book early if posible (I'm booked in site #066)

Sept 19~20th SouthWick beach state park http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/album_page.php?pic_id=402280 (only 2 yes TWO sites left in this small and popular camping loop right in the Dunes on the shore of Lake Ontario in Upstate NY) (I'm booked in site #010) there are plenty more sites in the 'grass loop' with less sand in your face, and in your van.

Oct 10~11th Westies @ Watkins glen state park

Oct 17~18th Letchworth SP (south of rochester) Loop 200 again, Yes we're going back. soo few state parks remain open after Columbus day and soo much to see @ Letchworth.

Dan Stevens President VW Club of Central NY www.vwccny.com