Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 2008, week 5)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 30 Apr 2008 15:11:27 -0700
From:         Neil2 <vidublu@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Maiden Voyage of the Weisel (Westy Diesel)
Comments: To: neil N <musomuso@gmail.com>

I just dumped thousands into this crate and you want me to Jinx my trip (AAA, cell, tools, manual)! hehehe

Headed to pick up me Bentley now. Shoulda bought it 3 months ago! Packed my tools at lunch. Thanks!

On 4/30/08, neil N <musomuso@gmail.com> wrote: > > I avoid I5. Too fast (or was for air cooled engine. Maybe Jetta engine > and 15" wheels/better tires will make it possible?) 101 is much better > "pace" and visually pleasing. > > AAA, cell phone, parts, tools and manual. > > Safe travels Neil2 > > Neil. > > > > On Wed, Apr 30, 2008 at 9:42 AM, Neil2 <vidublu@gmail.com> wrote: > > Hey volks, > > > > I just shedyuled a vacation for 3 to 10 May for me Vanagon's maiden > voyage > > to SoCal. Thanks to Neil1, I got the kitchen sink to work! Perhaps > I'll > > even drink this cult's kool-aid when we're back! > > > > Question: What are the pros/cons of I5 and 101 given my 1.6 > diesel? I'm > > concerned about the ability to climb hills on the route. I've not > driven > > btwn Grants Pass and SanFran on I5 so don't know of the terrain > (hills). > > Looked on Google Earth and that alley didn't look any worse than the > one > > between Portland and Grants Pass. > > > > I plan to take my son/daughter (12/9) down I5, see MtShasta, Yosemite, > Kings > > Canyon and come back up 101. > > > > And yes, I'll buy a package deal on the park pass/es to save cash. Any > and > > all feedback will be greatly appreciated! > > > > -- > > Neil > > '82 Diesel Westy > > Me other car is Swedish > > > > > > -- > Neil Nicholson. 1981 Air Cooled Westfalia - "Jaco" > > http://web.mac.com/tubaneil > http://tubaneil.googlepages.com/ >

-- Neil '82 Diesel Westy Me other car is Swedish