Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 2008, week 5)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 30 Apr 2008 21:27:25 -0400
From:         "Jack R." <jack007@COMCAST.NET>
Subject:      Re: 87 Wolfsburg persistant hesistation problem (confusing)
Comments: To: TJ Hemrick <x53gunner@GMAIL.COM>

TJ...

Start with checking ALL your vacuum lines, and double check them for cracks on the end... Also, you said you did the distributor cap, you know there are very specific caps, and these can easily be confused. If you put on the wrong cap, it can case problems with the shaft. Triple check your cap part numbers. Lastly, check ALL your grounds, take off the straps, wire brush them, add di-electric grease, and reconnect. That is by your starter, trans, battery, ECU etc. Also, disconnect all of your plugs and switches, clean the ends with electric contact cleaner or a pencil eraser... add Di-electric grease and reconnect. Oh, keep in mind that your wires to these sensors are 20+ years old, and sometimes a nick or corrosion can cause added resistance, causing bad signals to the ECU... check your wires while you are at it.

Good luck tracking this down!

Jack R. 84 Westy Wolfie, owned since 87, just swapped the motor to a 91 Syncro 2.1L. N. of Detroit