Vanagon EuroVan
Previous (more recent) messageNext (less recent) messagePrevious (more recent) in topicNext (less recent) in topicPrevious (more recent) by same authorNext (less recent) by same authorPrevious page (May 2008, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 6 May 2008 12:03:11 -0400
From:         Daniel O Stevens <dosteven@SYR.EDU>
Subject:      VW camper event Sunshine Treffen 2010 - announcement
Comments: cc: Syncro@yahoogroups.com, Diesel-Vanagon@yahoogroups.com,
          vw-camping@yahoogroups.com

Hi all, I've been a years lurker and occasional poster to this and a few other vanagon related lists. I wanted to pass along, invite and share with you an idea I've been plotting and laying out for myself, my family and our local upstate NY VW camping club. a trip from NY to FL and back to see the beauty of the east coast (roads, sands, and towns). why 2010? well 2008 St Petersburg VW4life already happened (see images in LINKS section) and 2009 would require bookings right now for some of the locations and a rush on the logistics or what to see and visit while passing along the eastern coastal roads. also allowing for 2 years in the planning, location arrangements, vehicle preparation and financial saving. ALL are welcome to join along the routes, either all the way or just for parts or a night.. If anyone lives along the coastal route and could assist in points of interest, must sees and must avoids. please drop me an email. I am working with LIMBO to inform and promote as well as this mention here on the samba http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=292652 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ ------------------------------------------------------------------------ ---- Newly formed Sunshine Treffen 2010 informational yahoo group http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/sunshine_treffen_2010/ This is an online resource for the collaboration and planning for the VW Sunshine Treffen taking place in late April 2010. A VW cruise from Upstate New York along the eastern coastal roads and State Parks to Florida. To participate in the 250+ VW cruise over the Sunshine Skyway Bridge crossing the opening of Tampa Bay.

With a My Way or the Highway approach to VW caravanning, participants can take the group routes or make their own day to day travel route knowing where the group will be at the beginning and end of each day. The day to day travel distances are broken into more manageable jaunts of 180-250 miles, allowing participants to linger and explore points of interest along the way.. With a focus of a week in central Florida for VW cruising and tourism.

Plans will be updated there as they are formed, and individuals will be responsible for their own financials and bookings, with the rare exceptions of items that would benefit or require a 'group booking' coordination Bookings will most likely need to begin in EARLY 2009 and dates and costs/fees will be listed well in advance to allow that no one misses the opportunity to travel with family and VW friends.

If your better half, can't take 2 weeks of travel in your VW or the time away from work..look into Flights into FL on the middle Friday, and the return via Amtrak's Auto train takes 850miles out of the return trip fatigue.

Sunshine Treffen is also working with Everybus and Granny Grose's VW campouts along the routes & days planned.

Owning a VW Westfalia is not required, although recommended for the best experience and value. VW owners willing to plot their own lodging may accompany the Sunshine treffen in their new or classic VW, either tent camping with the treffen, or arranging their own nightly motel accommodations

If you have any questions Email this group. or Me Directly

Dan Stevens dan@vwccny.com President VW Club of Central New York http://www.VWCCNY.com